Monday, July 02, 2007

OLD UNCLE WALT TEACHES...

Oh me!Oh life!of the questions of these recurring,
of the endless trains of the faithless, of cieties filled with the foolish,
of myself forever reproaching, (for who more foolish than I,
and who more faithless?)
of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean,
of the struggle ever renewed,
of the poor results of all,
of the plodding and sordid crows I see around me,
of the empty and useless years of the rest,
and with the rest me, intertwined,
Q: O me! so sad, recurring-what good amid these, O me!O life?
A: That you are here- that life exists and identity;
that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.
Contribute well, O me, O life!


Oh me!Oh vita! di queste domande che ricorrono,
degli infiniti cortei senza fede, di città piene di sciocchi,
di me stesso che sempre mi rimprovero,( perchè chi è più sciocco di me,
chi più senza fede?)
di occhi che invano bramano la luce, di scopi meschini,
della battaglia sempre rinnovata,
dei poveri risultati di tutto,
della folla che vedo sordida caminare a fatica intorno a me,
dei vuoti ed inutili anni degli altri,
e di me con gli altri strettamente legato,
D: ahimè!così triste ricorre- cosa c'è di buono in tutto questo,O me O vita?
R: che tu sei qui-che esiste la vita e l' individuo;
che il meraviglioso spettacolo continua e tu puoi contribuire con un verso.
Contribuisci bene O me! O vita!

To all those who has forgotten for a while that life is poetry. To remember them, and me, that our best aim is to create our verse...







No comments: